This is the procedure to do for each release.
There are three sections:
- BEFORE: To prepare the release.
- PERFORM: Tasks that conform the release.
- AFTER: Once the release has been done, some extra tasks to prepare the env.
- Run all tests to make sure there are not regressions.
- Change the version constant in the code (07-Version.sql:VERSION): https://github.com/angoca/db2unit/blob/master/src/main/sql-pl/07-Version.sql
- Write the changes in the ChangeLog section of the wiki.
- Update the Prerequisites table from the Install section of the wiki.
- Change the version in the documentation (Version:) of all source files.
- Make sure the schema reflects the version number to release (all files.)
- Execute examples.
- Read the code again.
- Review the wiki (all pages).
- Perform last commit and push.
- Execute mvn release:prepare providing a valid TAG (1-Beta, 1) and a SNAPSHOT for the next release
- Once finished, execute mvn release:perform. (If problems, mvn release:rollback)
- Fill the code release in GitHub (https://github.com/angoca/db2unit/releases)
- Change the link in the sidebar of the wiki in GitHub.
- Change the link in the README.txt.
- Execute mvn.
- Publish the generated files in GitHub Releases.
- Fill the ChangeLog page in the wiki with all changes. To review the changes compare the tag (git diff previous-tag current-tag)
- Change the Install section of the Wiki indicating the dependencies: https://github.com/angoca/db2unit/wiki/Install
- Change the schema name to the new version in all files.
- Check that there are not references to the previous release.
- To change the version constant in the code (07-Version.sql:VERSION): https://github.com/angoca/db2unit/blob/master/src/main/sql-pl/07-Version.sql
- Commit these changes and publish.